PREPARING FOR SLIT SEEDING
Published by Bio Green Ohio?
Preparing for slit seeding?prior to our arrival – 3 THINGS!?
- Mow your lawn to 2.5 to 3” prior to us coming out and pick up the clippings if possible, but if you can’t, that is ok.
- Mark your sprinkler heads and/or invisible fence.?? We take the upmost caution to insure no damage. The machine used will be slicing into the grass and soil. Mark at the sprinkler head.
- Invisible fence? Mark the location of the fence. We will stay on the interior of the flags.??
- Let us know you are ready.?? Send us an e-mail, text us, call us and confirm you are ready to go to confirm you position in the schedule!
What Bio Green?will do
- What we will do will first appear unsightly!???Unfortunately is part of the process and cannot be avoided. Be patient.
- Pictures are attached on?how the slit seeding process will look as it is being completed. ?The grass/soil is sliced and seeds are sliced?into the soil?inserted. Normally there is thatch that is pulled up during this process (see picture above).?? The more thatch in the lawn, the more grass you will see on your lawn after we are complete.?
After slit seeding is completed, how do I care for my lawn??
- Keep the lawn SURFACE moist for the first 3 weeks (light daily watering). Do not saturate lawn. For the next 3 weeks, water more thoroughly, but less often (2 to 3 times per week). Timing — avoid watering in the evening, unless it is absolutely necessary (water versus no water).
- See our website for more information about the care of your lawn at www.op2s.com.
- Mulching in the dead grass on an established (at the highest setting/blades up) that remain from the slit seeding can be done in 24 hours to help start improving the appearance of the lawn. Begin regular mowing as soon as it is needed. Insure you have adjusted the height back to your normal 3.5”+ settings.?? Be careful not to mow in the afternoon hours to overstress an already stressed lawn!
- Need more information on mowing and watering, see our website at http://www.op2s.com
- ?When done in the Fall, try to keep the lawn clear of leaves as best you can.
- Manage foot traffic as best you can to keep off tender new grass
Last items of what to expect moving forward?
- We will not be using weed control on your lawn for the last rounds of fertilization treatment. We do not want to impact germination of seeds.
- Germination will begin 2-3 weeks if properly watered
- Lawn will be stressed.?? It will not look good (will lose color) until the grass heals. Watering as instructed will help avoid this. Fertilization treatment will also support the recovery.?
Our Slit Seeding?Guarantee?
Call us if you have any questions or concerns. We are excited about the seed product we are using. We have used it this Spring and seen very strong results. All seed will be purchased new this year for your lawn and it is a Kentucky Bluegrass Hybrid.?? We will complete the services completely as you requested with upmost care.
Our goal with this document is to give you a realistic picture of what we are doing, what it will look like, and the care needed before we come out to complete the service.?? We recognize your lawn is your investment and the choice you have made to slit seed is a great one to improve the overall health of your lawn.??
If you are not committed to watering after the service is completed, or it is bad timing, please cancel or reschedule– because you will only be frustrated with the results. We want to reemphasize after completion the lawn will be unsightly.?? The lawn will be stressed and it will take a couple mowing’s to get all the debris removed. The results will not be fully seen until the Spring.